Monday, December 17, 2007

So How Did I Find a Real Life Immortal?

That is a big question; without a simple answer. Especially because, as I have stated before, most of these immortals do not want to be found. So how did I find someone; whom society believes does not exist, is not listed anywhere as an immortal, and does not what to be found?

For obvious reasons, I cannot give you the exact step-by-step process that I used to track down this 2,800 year man without betraying his trust. But I can do, is give out the strategies that I used to find, and make contact with this man. It just so happens that these same strategies are helpful in tracking down much more that mere immortals; but can used for tracking down missing persons and criminal suspects.

And that is how this blog post will begin. Imagine you are in charge of a team of people trying to find a missing person or a suspect in a crime. If you have the means to use any conventional techniques that are available today and did so; your success rate should be, and could be, and in many cases is very high. However, in today’s society there are so many rules and regulations that some techniques are just off the table. And then we have what I call the EGO Factor to deal with. That is some people would rather NOT be successful in their search than use a technique that their belief system, or more accurately their ego, cannot deal with. So the question is: is the goal of finding this missing person or suspect important enough to you, to even evaluate all the techniques that are currently available to use?

What I am getting to is there are, what I call, orthodox ways and then there are unorthodox ways of finding a missing person or suspect. By orthodox ways of finding a missing person or suspect, I am referring to the common, well known techniques used by law enforcement and by any private investigators. Such techniques included interviewing anyone involved with the missing person or suspect, forensic evidence collected at the location(s) or vehicle(s) used by the missing person or suspect, etc.. This evidence often times provides a list of clues as to the whereabouts of the missing person or suspect. There are countless number of TV shows and movies that can demonstrate how this is done and how these missing persons or suspects are found. The “CSI” & “Bones” TV series are the most recent TV shows that come to mind that demonstrate these conventional, orthodox, techniques. However, there are times when the clues available are too few to follow or in some cases do not even exist at all. It is these cases where law enforcement usually fails to find any success. Often they will appeal for help to the general public or offer a reward for obtaining some additional clues. These desperate attempts often result in many false leads that eat up limited resources with unfavorable results. Still I have to admit getting a case on “America’s Most Wanted” TV show has produced more positive results than one would expect; but still the odds of using TV shows to find a missing persons are not encouraging.

In my occupation, I am required sometimes to track down a suspect who has committed some kind of fraud against one of the financial institutions that I am working for. In such cases, I too have to start with whatever forensic information that I can gather and then proceed to gather additional information that I can obtain using known, orthodox strategies. Part of the time, this is enough. In a few case, this is not.

So when there is not enough information to find that missing person or suspect, what else can be done? I found, through my many life mentors, that when there is not enough information to find a missing person or track down a suspect, there are unorthodox strategies that can be employed. In my next post I will talk more these techniques; and my experiences in how successful they are in closing open cases.

No comments: